December 7, 2010

Some Customer Survey Responses

One of the questions on our customer survey asked "How could Power Smart Pricing be improved to make it work better for you?" We received about 1500 responses to this question, and the PSP blog felt that it was important to anonymously highlight some of the types of comments we received.

The Good
"It sure seems to work really well for me and i have suggested many others look into the service also as I feel that by saving 27% last year with PSP I did pretty darn well!! Thanks for offering me the opportunity to use PSP. Hopefully many others will also join the bandwagon. My son just signed up for the program after my rave reviews. I told him to use it as suggested and it will save him some of his hard earned money to be used somewhere else."

"It is just such an incredible program. Such an environmentally-responsible option that gives the customer control and makes us think about our energy use. We could not be happier with this program and how it is administered and how much money we have saved."

"I really don't use the computer to check my pricing. I don't have my computer on most of the time. If I'm not using it, I turn it off. Doesn't that save energy? I post the little grid that you mail to remind me of the high price times. I like things that are simple and not very high tech."

Great Suggestions
"Let me set the trigger for price alerts and change it via the web."

"A consumer blog where we can hear others ideas for saving on electricity." (working on it...)

"Have a plug in device that would show the hourly rate at a glance. It would alert you when the hourly rate is higher than the non- power smart rate."

Things For us to Work On
"Being able to check usage on-line and recieve a useage graph by mail each month, instead of having to choose one or the other."

"Daily email updates with hourly pricing."

"Easy access to pricing trends at the thermostat."

Why We're Passionate About This Program
"i realy don't know right now, i am just thrilled that my bill is smaller. in todays economy it is becoming impossible to live alone if you are making 12dollars to 14 dollars and hr.. your utilities and housing takes up over half of your income. with that we are always needing ways to save.. i have a limited income and cannot afford a lot of expensive gadgets, however , i am willing to try and do what i can . thank you for powers smart pricing,, please alert me by mail on any suggestions you might have regarding how i can save more."

So as you can see, we received comments of all different kinds. People want more information, they want less  information or they want to have a better way to customize how much information they are receiving. These suggestions and comments are the best way for us make sure Power Smart Pricing continues to improve for everybody.

One of things we have to work on, is to better communicate some of the tools we offer to our participants. A lot of the comments we have are customers asking for things that we already provide. So as a first step in the process, the PSP blog will be writing up a series highlighting tools that are available that people may not be taking advantage of.

Having passionate and active customers is the most valuable resource this program has. Thanks so much for all your input!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin